Saturday, March 17, 2012

Brenda Chapman's New Website


Good ol' Brenda Chapman has announced the launch of her own website:
 www.brenda-chapman.com/.  And like everything she does, she did it right.

Brenda had this to say about it:
"I've learned that I really enjoy writing. It's a good place to try things out. And it's a chance for me to give a little back. I will never ever ever ever live up to Joe (Ranft) and his generosity with people who went to him for advice. He never turned anyone away who wanted his mentorship. I don't know how he did it, or found the time - but he did. So if I can do that on my own small scale, it's really to honor Joe. - I don't mean to sound mushy or mundane, but again, there it is."


I've known Brenda since we were CalArts kids.  Even in her student work she brought a humanity to her characters that played very real.  That's not something you can calculate, it has to come from the heart.  Few people in our business can tap that, but she can.  While the rank and file in our industry are busy aping each other, she brings her own perspective to her work.  


This is a good thing.    


-Steve
   

No comments:

Post a Comment